Thursday, November 10, 2005

No.16

Anne is the Dj she chooses Living on a prayer by Jon Bon Jovi


Ritual no 16. Write a sentence from memory, then rewrite it by writing pom pom after each word. Call someone you love and leave the message on an answer phone.

Anne :I chose ”You shine like gold in the air of summer” its a sentance from a song that’s been playing in my mind the last days, I listen to it while driving and I would like my sister to hear it.………..calling my sister, its 9.15 in the morning I think shes asleep so I guess I will get the answer phone, …its the answer phone .. I leave this message.

”You pom pom shine pompom like pom pom gold pom pom in pom pom the pom pom air pom pom of pom pom summer pom pom”

Gilbert: I have been reading theories on routine lately, how can one take a daily action such as making a telephonecall and turn it into something that actively brings awareness of the action itself, how do we do it? Think of the options it entails? I guess I am asking if we are pacified by the numbers of times we repeat an action say telephone calls, and thereby let an action loose its integrity …identity thereby also its ”language”

Anne: this question has been important to me in my work. How everyday actions and culture are specific towards these decissions. I once did a performance wearing a burka for 23 days, exploring how this piece of clothing makes people see me and I them etc. Trying to registrate how a person experience the everyday through this piece of clothing, you can read more about the project on this Website



Read more theory? Robert Gordon's recent work on the explanation of action (Gordon, 2000) ” challenges reasons for action with causally efficacious internal propositional attitude states (beliefs, desires, etc), The "ascent routine" explains how we could reliably report what we believe, and even (through simulation) what other people are likely to believe, without making any appeal to reified belief states. According to Gordon, we do not look within, into our belief boxes, to find out what we believe; rather we look outward, reporting how we take the world to be. Of course, we can, if we want, express our findings by talking about our beliefs and desires, and sometimes it is convenient to do so, but such grammatical nominalization should not be taken to imply that beliefs etc. are things, with causal powers, any more than, say, orbits, or habits. Belief talk, on this view, is derivative from the 'real' underlying processes of ascent routine and simulation.”

7 Comments:

At 11:27 PM, Anonymous organize software said...

Great post GilbertandGrape I'm working with the writer of this course for organize work and No.16 has helped so thanks. Anny

 
At 8:11 AM, Anonymous personal organization said...

Just wanted to say that I've sent some notes I gathered from your blog including No.16 for research on organizing skills which I'm helping with, with so thanks a lot GilbertandGrape. Anny.

 
At 2:54 PM, Anonymous organise life said...

GilbertandGrape I've enjoyed this on No.16 and it's been useful for our own project on ##LINK#. Thanks. Anny.

 
At 4:28 AM, Anonymous how to organize clutter said...

Just wanted to say that I've sent some notes I gathered from your blog including No.16 for research on how to organize which I'm helping with, with so thanks a lot GilbertandGrape. Anny.

 
At 12:44 PM, Anonymous organize your home said...

I'm researching for organize computer files and this on No.16 is useful so thanks GilbertandGrape. Anny

 
At 11:47 PM, Anonymous organise home said...

Very useful GilbertandGrape, I can use what you've got here on No.16 as well as your other stuff for the research we're doing for organize your files. Cheers, Anny.

 
At 1:54 AM, Anonymous organize work said...

Very useful GilbertandGrape, I can use what you've got here on No.16 as well as your other stuff for the research we're doing for organize house. Cheers, Anny.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home